Module 3: Foundation Course in Anthroposophic Nursing
Includes Anthroposophic Homecare
Meets the Prerequisites for further training in Rhythmical Massage
Sunrise Ranch, Loveland, Colorado
NAANA membership discount of $25 will be applied for members
Early registration discount of $75 for those who register and pay before
Friday, April 12th.
Lodging is not included and can be booked
separately through Sunrise Ranch- view options here (please wait to book a room until after you have registered for the course!)
Module 1 • Required for participation in Module 3
Module 2 • Required for participation in Module 3
Module 3 • April 27- May 4, 2024
~Module 3 Pre-conference webinar TBA~
Module 4 • Fall 2024
Janice Balaskas, RN, ANS, RES, RM
Laurie Schmiesing, RN, MSN, ANS, RES
The Foundation Course in Anthroposophic Nursing Course is given in four modules over two years in Loveland, Colorado with a webinar prior to each module. The training will address the fundamental principles of Anthroposophy, extending particularly to the Anthroposophic view of the human being in health and illness and support of processes of care and healing. This course provides an introduction to the three-fold, four-fold, seven-fold and twelve-fold dynamic relationships of the human being, and of their practical application in nursing care and therapeutic support. Equally important to the practical applications is the path of inner development of the nurse, therapist and caregiver that elevates how we think, feel and enact our work to its highest potential. This aspect will accompany all of the practical work.
The training includes:
1) External Applications of compresses & poultices.
2) Therapeutic baths such as footbaths, sounding washing & oil dispersion baths.
3) Rhythmical Einreibungen according to Wegman/Hauschka — a gentle application of therapeutic oils working with the flow of body forms & processes to support health and well-being.
4) The Anthroposophic Nursing Process as a path of inner development of the nurse, therapist & caregiver.
The Foundation Course in Anthroposophic Nursing Course with homecare component is open to Registered Nurses, other health care providers & all interested individuals.
At the completion of each module, Registered Nurses receive a Certificate of Attendance.
AN Foundations Course Details- CO 2024-Module 3.pdf
For more information on further training in Rhythmical Massage, click below.
This Foundation Course in Anthroposophic Nursing will apply for accreditation by the International Forum for Anthroposophic Nursing (IFAN) in the Medical Section of the School of Spiritual Science at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland. IFAN represents national professional Anthroposophic Nursing associations worldwide and serves to support and acknowledge training programs in Anthroposophic Nursing. It guarantees the equivalence of training and further training programs of all institutions that are closely connected to the International Forum for Anthroposophic Nursing in the Medical Section at the Goetheanum. Visit IFAN at: https://anthronursing.care/en/
1) Information provided by the North American Anthroposophic Nurses Association (NAANA) on its website or through its educational offerings (including conferences, courses, webinars, training) is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for medical advice delivered in person by a licensed professional. NAANA provides users (licensed professional nurses, other licensed practitioners and caregivers) with information that is intended for general informational purposes only, and NAANA disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information.
Attendance at NAANA courses does not extend the current level of practice of the attendee. It is the responsibility of each individual (registered nurse, licensed practitioner) to consult their state nurse practice act or licensing organization to understand professional applications, and to ensure they are abiding by their individual state/licensing organization’s rules and regulations and are practicing within their scope of practice. Caregivers can only provide care for which they are already certified and/or per workplace protocols. NAANA courses with or without certification do not provide a license to touch. State licensure or certification is necessary for professional practice.
2) Covid policy: NAANA will follow all local and state regulations with regards to COVID including but not limited to indoor masking requirements.
3) Cancellation policy: Should NAANA need to cancel the course for any reason, full student registration fees will be returned. However, NAANA cannot be responsible for any travel expenses paid that are non-refundable.
Participants' cancellation requests must be received in writing (emailed and received) before March 15, 2024, for a full refund, less a $50.00 administrative fee. Cancellation requests received in writing before March 27th will receive a 50% refund, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellation requests after March 27th will not be eligible for a refund, but another person may be substituted for an additional $50.00 administrative fee. Telephone cancellations cannot be honored. Email cancellations will be promptly acknowledged by return email. Until then, you cannot assume they have been received.